1. Thank you for using our website and learning about Legal AU Pty Ltd. All non-member information displayed in this website is purely informational and is not intended to substitute for receiving competent legal advice obtained through consultation with a solicitor admitted to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction, which may be requested and obtained through our secure and confidential members Exchange Area. The information displayed to non-members in this website is not intended to, nor does it, constitute the giving of legal advice. While all information in this web site is believed to be accurate as of the date it was written, you are cautioned against relying upon anything stated herein. Many areas of the law change quickly and significantly because of statutory amendments, regulatory reinterpretations or new decisions by State and Federal courts. Only a solicitor familiar with all the facts of your particular circumstances can provide you with competent legal advice upon which you should rely, and you may obtain this through becoming a member of Legal AU Pty Ltd, requesting a service, accepting the terms and conditions of that service, which forms a client-lawyer and confidential relationship with Legal AU Pty Ltd.
2. Use of this website and the information it contains is not intended to create, nor does it create, a client-lawyer relationship with Legal AU Pty Ltd, unless you register as a member, submit your requirement through the Question section of our website, and accept the terms and conditions, which then form the client-lawyer relationship to your matter. Emailing or otherwise contacting Legal AU Pty Ltd, while welcomed, does not establish or create a client-lawyer relationship. A client-lawyer relationship is created only when a written engagement is fully acknowledged by the potential client and a solicitor of Legal AU Pty Ltd, through registering as a member on Legal AU Pty Ltd website.
3. You are cautioned, that because email over the internet is not secure, sending confidential information by email to us creates the possibility of that information being disclosed to unintended third parties. If you do not wish to risk disclosure of confidential information, you are advised to use our Question section on Legal AU Pty Ltd website or send a facsimile, write or telephone Legal AU Pty Ltd. When telephoning us, we recommend you use an old-fashioned landline phone to do so if the information is highly sensitive. Mobile phones and other wireless phones are not as secure. By using the information on this site, or emailing or otherwise contacting Legal AU Pty Ltd, you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions set forth in this notice including, but not limited to, the fact that a client-lawyer relationship only exists once the user becomes a registered member of Legal AU Pty Ltd.
4. This website is not intended to, nor does it, constitute a solicitation or offer to represent you. The Solicitors at Legal AU Pty Ltd are only licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction of registration.
5. Legal AU Pty Ltd, its partners, members, solicitors, appointed counsels, and employees do not make any representations of any kind, whether express or implied, with respect to the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of any of the contents of this website or the contents of any website to which it is linked or which is linked to this website, and we expressly disclaim any liability or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Liability is expressly disclaimed for any action, inaction or change of position taken in reliance on anything contained in this website or in a linked website. Links to other websites are provided solely for the convenience of users and the existence of a link does not constitute an endorsement or ratification of the content contained therein. Your sole remedy for any dissatisfaction with this website, or a linked website with respect to Legal AU Pty Ltd, is to discontinue using it.
6. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by this Legal Notice and its Terms and Conditions of Use.
7. Legal AU Pty Ltd is an Incorporated Legal Practice pursuant to the Laws of Australia. Its registered office is at level 28, 303 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000. A.C.N 121 003 665.
8. The copyright in www.legalau.com pages (including without limitation all text, graphics and computer code relating thereto or associated therewith) and all other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein belongs to Legal AU Pty Ltd and all rights are reserved. Permission is given for the downloading and temporary storage of one or more of these pages for the sole purpose of viewing them on a stand-alone personal computer or monitor. Permanent copying or storage of any of these pages (or any part thereof) or the re-distribution thereof by any means is not permitted, without written authority from Legal AU Pty Ltd.
9. If you would like to use the services of Legal AU Pty Ltd, you will be required to register as a member of Legal AU Pty Ltd, through registering as a member on the Legal AU Pty Ltd website.
10. Registration is FREE.
11. As a registered user of Legal AU Pty Ltd, you will be provided with a user name and password. You can change your password or other details at any time after you have logged into your member profile. If you lose your password or cannot remember your password, you can reset your password by following the links on the members login screen. Legal AU Pty Ltd, advises that if your account has been inactive for 60 months, the account will be cancelled for access.
12. Legal AU Pty Ltd advises you, NOT to reveal your account details to anyone else; and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account for all activities that occur on or through your account; and you agree to notify Legal AU Pty Ltd of any security breach of your account. Legal AU Pty Ltd shall not be held responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorised use of your account.
13. You agree to provide accurate and complete information when you register with, and as you use, the Legal AU Pty Ltd services as a member, and you agree to update your Legal AU Pty Ltd member registration to keep it accurate and complete. You agree that Legal AU Pty Ltd may store and use the Registration Data you provide, for use in maintaining and billing fees to your Account.
14. As a registered user of Legal AU Pty Ltd, you will not be required to store your credit card details on the Legal AU Pty Ltd website.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
15. If Legal AU Pty Ltd is assisting or has assisted another party involved in your matter, Legal AU Pty Ltd may not be allowed to give you legal advice or represent you. This is because there are laws to protect you by chance that Legal AU Pty Ltd may have already assisted another party involved in your matter, thereby avoiding preferential treatment to all parties.
16. Legal AU Pty Ltd carries out conflict checking, when a service request is placed by the registered member.
17. If Legal AU Pty Ltd finds that a conflict of interest is apparent, Legal AU Pty Ltd will advise the member, and will assist with making appropriate arrangements for the member to be referred to another lawyer.
18. The user agrees that Legal AU Pty Ltd cannot provide the user with details about the conflict of interest in the users matter.
19. The user agrees that if Legal AU Pty Ltd refers your matter to another Lawyer none associated with Legal AU Pty Ltd due to a conflict of interest, the referral lawyer will charge at their fee rate, which will not be the same as Legal AU Pty Ltd, and may be higher in price.
20. The user agrees that they are under no obligation to continue with the referral lawyer put forward by Legal AU Pty Ltd.
21. To purchase a Legal AU Pty Ltd service, you must register as a member.
22. Registration is FREE.
23. You agree that all the information you enter into the registration online form is true and correct.
24. All services that are purchased on the Legal AU Pty Ltd website are paid by credit card; all Visa, Bank card, debit cards and Union Pay are accepted; American Express and Diners cards are not accepted.
25. When you book a service with Legal AU Pty Ltd, you will be required to accept the terms and conditions of the service, and then enter into a legally binding agreement with Legal AU Pty Ltd for the service that you have chosen. Upon you agreeing with these conditions, you will be directed to a Secure Payment page with National Australia Bank, within Legal AU Pty Ltd website, in which you will enter your name, credit card number, expiry date and CCV number. You will then be required to click the AGREE button displayed on your screen. Upon the AGREE button being selected, your credit card will be preauthorised, for the amount of the service that you have booked.
26. Under the preauthorisation payment method, Legal AU Pty Ltd is not debiting your credit card, but obtaining a preauthorisation code, as a guarantee for payment, for the service that you have booked.
27. When preauthorization occurs, no funds are taken from your credit card, only a guarantee code (numerical number)[i]of an amount, for the service that you have booked.
29. Upon the preauthorisation process being completed, you may print your TAX INVOICE directly from our website.
30. Upon Legal AU Pty Ltd completing the service that has been booked by you, Legal AU Pty Ltd, will then process your credit card under the preauthorisation code as a debt to that credit card for the service provided.
31. When Legal AU Pty Ltd processes your credit card under the preauthorisation method for the debt amount, this is when Legal AU Pty Ltd reissues the preauthorisation guarantee code back to National Australia Bank, confirming for your credit card to be debited funds.
32. Legal AU Pty Ltd defines service as completed when your response or service request is uploaded by Legal AU Pty Ltd into your member personal law inbox.
33. Legal AU Pty Ltd payment gateway is with National Australia Bank Ltd, and all Visa, Bank Card, Debit Cards and Union Pay, will be charged a 1.5% transaction fee, in addition to the booked service fee chosen, as a credit card processing fee. The 1.5% transaction fee is calculated on the service fee that has been booked.
34. Legal Au Pty Ltd advises that NO credit card details of members are stored on the website of Legal AU Pty Ltd, or its servers.
35. All credit card details for preauthorisation and payments by members are stored directly with National Australia Bank.
36. Legal AU Pty Ltd provides members with secure access for payment processing directly with National Australia Bank.
HOW USERS/MEMBERS INDICATE THAT USERS ACCEPT THE SERVICES
39. If users place an order for services through our website, the steps you must take to conclude the agreement include:
a. Users will need to create a member account and log in with your allocated user name and password.
b. Users need to enter their service requirement on the Ask Question page in the member area.
c. Users need to select the service area required.
d. Users need to select the Law Area.
e. Users need to select the pricing and time reply plan.
f. Users need to type in the question or service requirement.
g. Users are suggested to review your order before submitting.
h. Users need to accept the Terms & Conditions of service.
i. Users need to click SUBMIT.
j. Users will be required to enter their credit card details into the SECURE credit card preauthorisation website page of Legal AU Pty Ltd to guarantee payment of services provided by Legal AU Pty Ltd.
k. Users then place the order by clicking AGREE.
l. Users at this stage have confirmed acceptance of the services.
n. The client-lawyer relationship is then established for your specific matter.
40. The user agrees that the fee that the user has chosen for the service to be provided by Legal AU Pty Ltd is the fee that has been agreed to be paid by the user for that service.
41. The fee that the user selects for General Advice includes 15 minutes of telephone or Skype video conferencing communication with Legal AU Pty Ltd, if required by the Lawyer of Legal AU Pty Ltd to discuss your matter. Telephone or Skype video conferencing communication above the 15 minutes inclusive time in the price the user selects is invoiced at 15 minute intervals of $20.00 plus GST.
42. The user agrees to Legal AU Pty Ltd charging the user at 15 minute intervals of $20.00 for telephone or Skype video conferencing communication on the users matter for General Advice that is outside of the users inclusive call time for General Advice.
43. The fee that the user selects for Detailed Advice includes 60 minutes of telephone or Skype video conferencing communication with Legal AU Pty Ltd, if required by the Lawyer of Legal AU Pty Ltd to discuss your matter. Telephone or Skype video conferencing communication above the 60 minute inclusive time in the price the user selects is invoiced at 15 minute intervals of $20.00 plus GST.
44. The user agrees to Legal AU Pty Ltd charging the user at 15 minute intervals of $20.00 plus GST for telephone or Skype video conferencing communication on the users matter for Detailed Advice that is outside the users inclusive call time for Detailed Advice.
45. The user agrees to a 1.5% transaction fee to be charged on their credit card as a transaction processing fee. The 1.5% transaction fee is calculated on the service fee inclusive of GST that has been booked.
46. Legal AU Pty Ltd accepts credit cards for payment, which include all Visa, Bankcard, Debit and Union Pay credit cards. Legal AU Pty Ltd does not accept Diners or American Express credit cards.
47. The user agrees to enter their credit card number, expiry date and CCV number on the preauthorisation page to process their service request.
48. The user agrees that when they select the AGREE button to process their service fee, their credit card will be preauthorised for the service amount chosen.
49. When a preauthorisation is obtained, no debit is charged against your credit card.
50. Legal AU Pty Ltd does not take any payment in advance for services provided to you. However, we will process your credit card for a preauthorisation of the amount due and payable to us on your credit card as a guarantee of payment.
51. Preauthorisation is a standard process of obtaining a guarantee that payment will be made after the service is completed. When preauthorisation occurs, no debit is charged against your credit card, only a guarantee of an amount, for the service that you have booked.
52. The preauthorisation will stay in force for 30 days or until your credit card is charged the service fee.
53. When Legal AU Pty Ltd has completed your service request, your credit card is charged and debited the contracted amount for the service that has been provided to you.
54. By clicking AGREE you confirm that you have read the legal notices on the website of Legal AU Pty Ltd that explains the meaning of credit card preauthorisation.
55. The user agrees that once Legal AU Pty Ltd completes the service requested, the user’s credit card is charged for the full service fee, and funds will be debited against the user’s credit card automatically.
56. The user agrees, that the credit card entered into Legal AU Pty Ltd website for booking the service, and used as preauthorisation and charging, has the same name as the member profile, and is the agreed credit card to be charged for the full service.
57. If Legal AU Pty Ltd is liable to pay the Goods & Services Tax (“GST”) on services provided to you, at the rate set by the Australian Federal or State Governments, you agree to pay these taxes in addition to the service fee booked.
58. In the course of Legal AU Pty Ltd carrying out the users agreed service, it may be necessary to incur expense and charges which are called disbursements such as filing fees, bank charges, courier fees, barrister fees, titling searching and property enquiries, agency fees and law stationers, and process serving, and which are not limited to these categories mentioned. These fees become payable as and when they fall due for payment.
59. Legal AU Pty Ltd will not incur any substantial expense without obtaining the users permission.
60. Legal AU Pty Ltd defines a substantial expense as more than $200.00 per any one item.
61. Users agree to pay disbursement fees of up to $200.00 per any one item.
62. Users agree to pay disbursement fees when they fall due for payment by Legal AU Pty Ltd.
63. Legal AU Pty Ltd defines an Item as a service that is required to complete the requested service by the user.
64. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $3.00 plus GST per page for scanning documents if required.
65. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $5.00 plus GST for sending a facsimile if required.
66. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $5 plus GST for receiving a facsimile if required.
67. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $0.90 plus GST per page for printing if required.
68. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges NO fee for emailing documents.
69. Legal AU Pty Ltd will not hold any Trust money on the user’s behalf, or other third party.
70. If a user is not satisfied by the service that Legal AU Pty Ltd has provided, Legal AU Pty Ltd suggest at first instance that the registered user contacts Legal AU Pty Ltd to raise the concern of the service that has been provided.
71. Upon Legal AU Pty Ltd receiving your complaint, Legal AU Pty Ltd will contact you to discuss your matter within 7 business days of receipt of your complaint in an attempt to resolve your issue in good faith.
72. If your matter cannot be resolved directly with Legal AU Pty Ltd within 90 days of receipt of your complaint, Legal AU Pty Ltd will appoint an independent mediator to attempt to resolve the dispute between the parties, which such mediation session will be held at the office of Legal AU Pty Ltd. The registered user accepts that if a mediation is required in a person to person meeting, with an independent mediator, the member will be required to pay their own expense for the mediation with any legal representation that they require. The member also agrees to pay 50% of the allocated room hire fee for the meeting, and the appointed mediator. All mediations will occur at the registered office address of Legal AU Pty Ltd.
JURISDICTION OF CLAIMS
73. The user agrees that all services provided to the user by Legal AU Pty Ltd and its employed lawyers, originate from within the State of Victoria, Australia.
74. The legal Jurisdiction of all services provided by Legal AU Pty Ltd to registered members is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria in Australia and disputing parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Victoria for each and every claim.
LEGAL PROFESSION UNIFORM LAW
75. The Legal Profession Uniform Law 2015 applies to the provision of legal service; which Legal AU Pty Ltd provides to you.
76. Legal AU Pty Ltd lawyers are “Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.”
77. If you require to cancel a requested service, please email Legal AU Pty Ltd typing in the subject heading, the words in capital, “CANCEL”, followed by the “REFERENCE” number of your service request. Once we have received your cancellation email, you will receive a confirmation email that the service has been cancelled.
78. If you cancel the service booked, you agree you will pay all our charges and expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation, if the cancellation is outside the cancellation period advised on our Ask Question page in the member area of our website.
79. Legal AU Pty Ltd advises, that when you book your service, please make yourself aware of the cancellation cutoff times, under the member’s area, Ask Question section.
80. Legal AU Pty Ltd will provide a refund in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Service (Disclosure Agreement), issued to the user upon placing a service request.
81. If a refund is to be applied, Legal AU Pty Ltd will contact that member via their registered email address.
82. You agree that the Legal AU Pty Ltd, including but not limited to Legal AU Pty Ltd products, graphics, user interface, audio clips, video clips, editorial content, and email correspondence to implement the Legal AU Pty Ltd Service, contains proprietary information and material that is owned by Legal AU Pty Ltd, and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright.
83. You agree that you will not use such proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for the use as agreed upon between the member and Legal AU Pty Ltd as per the acknowledged binding service agreement. No portion of the Legal AU Pty Ltd Service may be reproduced in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted in these terms. You agree not to modify, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Legal AU Pty Ltd service in any manner, and you shall not exploit the Legal AU Pty Ltd service in any unauthorized way whatsoever.
84. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, Legal AU Pty Ltd reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any Legal AU Pty Ltd products, content, or other materials comprising a part of the Legal AU Pty Ltd Service at any time without notice. In no event will Legal AU Pty Ltd be liable for making these changes. Legal AU Pty Ltd may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain features or portions of the Legal AU Pty Ltd service, in any case and without notice or liability.
85. All copyrights in and to the Legal AU Pty Ltd Service (including the compilation of content, postings, links to other Internet resources on our website, and descriptions of those resources) and related are owned by Legal AU Pty Ltd and/or its licensors, who reserve all their rights in law and equity.
86. All communications with Legal AU Pty Ltd will be recorded for quality purpose.
87. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd recording all communications.
88. All communications with users will be through electronic means, which is the internet, facsimile, VOIP, or telephone.
89. Legal AU Pty Ltd will not communicate to the user through postage or physical printed material, all communications is in non-physical format.
90. The user agrees that if they have documents that are required to be reviewed or form part of our service, the user is required to send those documents in electronic format to Legal AU Pty Ltd. If the user is unable to send those documents in electronic format and still requires to use our services, we will agree to receive those documents in hard format copy, and the user agrees to a $5.00 scanning fee per page for those documents.
CREDIT CARD PREAUTHORISATION
91. Credit card preauthorisation is the practice within the banking industry of authorizing electronic transactions done with a debit card or credit card and holding this balance as unavailable either until the merchant clears the transaction (also called settlement), or the hold "falls off." In the case of debit cards, authorization holds can fall off the account (thus rendering the balance available again).
92. Legal AU Pty Ltd policy for preauthorisation period is 30 days.
93. Credit and debit card transactions are a two-step process, consisting of a preauthorisation and a settlement.
94. When Legal AU Pty Ltd obtains a preauthorisation of a member’s credit card, Legal AU Pty Ltd in conjunction with National Australia Bank’s TRANS ACT terminal connects to the merchant's acquirer, or credit card processor, which verifies that the customer's account is valid and that sufficient funds are available to cover the transaction cost.
95. At this step, the funds are "held" and deducted from the customer's credit limit (or bank balance, in the case of a debit card) but are not yet transferred to Legal AU Pty Ltd.
96. The funds of the customer’s credit card are only transferred to Legal AU Pty Ltd, when the preauthorisation is charged in its full affect, after the service is completed by Legal AU Pty Ltd.
97. Legal AU Pty Ltd will not hold any trust money on the user’s behalf, or third party.
98. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd obtaining a preauthorisation guarantee code, against your nominated credit card, through the preauthorisation processing page on our website, for the fee you have agreed too.
99. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd, to use the preauthorisation guarantee code, to charge your credit card when your service is complete.
100. Charging your credit card with the preauthorisation guarantee code after your service is complete, means: debiting funds from your credit card, and transferring those funds to the bank account of Legal AU Pty Ltd.
WHAT ARE YOUR OBLIGATIONS
101. You agree that your member registration information is true and correct.
102. You agree to keep your member registration details current.
103. You agree that your age is 18 years or over to use the services of Legal AU Pty Ltd.
104. You will at all times comply with this Agreement, the Payment schedule, and any law or regulation applicable to your activities and or your use of the Services and or Transactions, as well as our reasonable instructions from time to time in relation to your use of the Services.
105. You will keep any log-in, account, passwords or other access information which we provide to you or which you create in respect of your access to or use of the Services secure and confidential and will not disclose them to any third party. You are responsible for all losses resulting from any unauthorized activity in connection with your account with us or your access to the Services of Legal AU Pty Ltd.
106. You are responsible for applying adequate security measures to protect any data or information you access via, download or print from Legal AU Pty Ltd. Except as expressly set out in this Agreement, you must not copy, download, disclose or make available to any third party any data from Legal AU Pty Ltd or any Documentation for any purpose unless authorized in writing by Legal AU Pty Ltd.
107. Notwithstanding any information we may provide to you, you are responsible for maintaining your own records relating to the Services and Transactions and for reconciling these with your own bank account data and other accounting records.
108. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the provision of all equipment, software, systems and telecommunications facilities which are required to enable you to receive the Services.
109. You acknowledge that we are an Incorporated Legal Practice and registered in accordance with the Laws of Australia, and that the Services are provided in compliance with applicable law and regulation in Australia.
110. You agree that you are responsible for making your own assessment of the Services before choosing to receive them, and for ensuring that the Services can be and are received and used by you in compliance with applicable law and regulation in the legal jurisdiction in which you request those services.
111. You will notify Legal AU Pty Ltd by email if you become aware of or reasonably suspect that there has been or could be any breach of your membership details within 7 days of becoming aware.
ADVICE – QUESTION & ANSWERS
112. The legal advice provided by Legal AU Pty Ltd, may either be General Advice, Detailed Advice, or Other Services.
113. What is a Question? A Question is defined as a sentence requiring an answer; which is covered by General and Detailed Advice.
114. An example question may include:
Your question can cover any area of law or matter that concerns you.
a. “my employer is trying to terminate me, what are my options;” or
b. “I suffered personal injury in a car accident, what can I do;” or
c. “I am considering a divorce what are my options;” or
d. “I want to dispute my parent’s will, how do I do that;” or
e. “my boat was damaged in the marina, what options do I have;” or
f. “my neighbour is refusing to pay their share of the new fence, how can I get them to pay;” or
g. “my house has been damaged, what do I do.”
115. You agree that if a question under the category of General or Detail Advice contains more than one question in the question submitted, Legal AU Pty Ltd will answer the first question raised by you. You agree that Legal AU Pty Ltd will charge you for the reply to that answered question as per your selected price. All other questions not answered and raised in your submitted question, Legal AU Pty Ltd will provide you with a quote to answer those questions. (In this paragraph, the word “Question” has the same meaning as the word “Part”, when the word “Question” is substituted with the word “Part”).
116. If your submitted question under General or Detailed Advice contains more than one question within that question, or more than one part in that question, Legal AU Pty Ltd will answer the first question or part raised. Legal AU Pty Ltd will then provide you with a quote for your other questions or parts raised in the submitted request.
117. Other Services, are document specific, with reviewing, drafting and preparing; example of Other Service requests include, and are not limited too; documents required for matters regarding personal injury, contracts, leases, property, building, commercial, wills (succession), family, local government, international and employment etc. or other document requirement specific.
118. You agree General Advice is general in nature, and will provide you with an overall of general options available, legal or non-legal, with our comments on your question raised. This is our most cost effective service, and the member chooses the Law category, Price option and Reply time for the service, which may be in the same day as the service request.[ii]
119. Your response is provided in written format and uploaded to your personal law inbox in the Exchange Area on our website.
120. Legal AU Pty Ltd will offer you various solutions to consider under the General Advice category. Legal AU Pty Ltd may also provide you with a referral lawyer to speak within more detail regarding your matter. Please refer to the section called, Referral Lawyer.
121. You agree Detailed Advice is specific in nature to the legal Question raised by you. Your response may be in written format or other media presentation. We may call you by telephone or communicate via email to discuss your specific needs and we may offer you additional services for your consideration. The member chooses the price option and time response for the service. All responses are researched and legally structured in nature. Your response will be uploaded into your law inbox in the Exchange Area on our website.
122. Legal AU Pty Ltd defines Detailed Advice that is legally specific to your question.
123. You agree Legal AU Pty Ltd defines Other Service as any type of document or written correspondence that is prepared by Legal AU Pty Ltd, and is not a question & reply response; or any review of correspondence that is received from you and required to be reviewed by Legal AU Pty Ltd, and then Legal AU Pty Ltd providing their advice on that correspondence.
124. Example of Other Service requests include, and are not limited too; documents required for matters regarding torts, contracts, leases, property, building, commercial, wills (succession), family, local government, international and employment etc.
125. Other Services request may be as straight forward as, I need a Contract of Sale, or I need legal advice on a lease, or I need to negotiate a Parenting Agreement; the scope of the other service requests is not limited, and can cover all areas of the law, and it just depends on what service you need. Our fee is subject to your requirements. We will provide you with a cost quote and timeframe to complete your service, and if you are in agreement, you may book your service with the reference number that we provide to you, through our Question and Answer page.
126. If you choose Other Services, Legal AU Pty Ltd will issue you a response email within 3 hours of your submission request for Other Services. We will advise in this email the cost to complete your request.[iii]If you have requested documents to be reviewed by Legal AU Pty Ltd, in our email reply you will be provided with an email address to forward those documents to us.
127. When you receive our reply email, and you are in agreement to proceed with the service offered to you, please login into the members section, and select “Unapproved Question,” then enter the REFERNCE number we provided in our email to you, into the REFERNCE field on this page. You do not need to re-enter any other information, as the REFERENCE number you enter into the REFERENCE field, contains all the details of your request made.
128. You agree that when you enter the Reference number we provide to you in our email reply to your Other Services request, you accept the Terms and Conditions and agree for Legal AU Pty Ltd to process your credit card for preauthorisation guarantee and payment when the service is complete on our website, www.legalau.com.
129. Legal AU Pty Ltd under the categories of General and Detailed Advice, offers a payment and reply time plan.
130. The payment plan is a set fee for the service that you have chosen. The reply time is the approximate time frame for an answer to be uploaded to your law inbox in your member area. If Legal AU is unable to comply with the time reply as per the plan chosen, Legal AU will contact you through your member email address, advising the change of reply time.
131. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd changing the reply time for your requested service, and you agree that no claim can be made against Legal AU Pty Ltd for changing the reply time for your service when Legal AU Pty Ltd is required to do so at the requirements of Legal AU Pty Ltd.
132. You agree that the reply time stated in the service plan is an estimate reply time only, and you agree that no claim can be made against Legal AU Pty Ltd for any loss or damage you experience in regards to our estimated reply time for the service you have booked.
133. Legal AU Pty Ltd contracts with Local Lawyers in the Australian legal Jurisdiction. Legal AU Pty Ltd may refer the users question or matter to a local lawyer in the user’s area of Jurisdiction or another area of Jurisdiction to assist in the user requirement.
134. If Legal AU Pty Ltd refers the user question or matter to a referral lawyer, the user is under no obligation to continue with this referral lawyer. If the user chooses to engage with this referral lawyer, the user is engaging at their own free will, and not being coerced, in any manner whatsoever, by Legal AU Pty Ltd to use the referral lawyer.
135. The user’s referral lawyer may require to meet with the user to discuss the users matter in further detail with the user. The user’s referral lawyer may require the user to enter into an agreement for fee for service. The user’s referral lawyer may refuse to accept the users matter.
136. The user agrees, if the user chooses to use the referral lawyer, the referral lawyer will pay a commission of 15% of the total billable fees paid by the user, to Legal AU Pty Ltd as a referral fee to that lawyer.
137. The user agrees that Legal AU Pty Ltd holds no preference to a referral lawyer, other than the lawyer with the most appropriate experience to assist the user with their matter.
138. The user agrees that if the user requires their file notes on your matter drafted by Legal AU Pty Ltd to be transferred to the referral lawyer, there will be an administration fee of $150.00 (plus GST) payable by the user at the time of transfer, which such payment can be made through the Legal AU Pty Ltd website with your credit card. Legal AU Pty Ltd will provide the user via email with a special reference number for this payment.
139. Legal AU Pty Ltd will transfer or file notes requested by the user to a referral lawyer by email package. Email package is defined as all correspondence being issued in Adobe PDF format, Secure locked, in either one or more emails to the referral lawyer. Secure locked means the Adobe PDF documents are locked with a password, and require a password to be unlocked to read or print.
140. The user agrees that the user will not hold Legal AU Pty Ltd liable for any advice provided by the user’s referral lawyer, and any claims made will be made directly to the referral lawyer.
OUR DUTY TO THE CLIENT
141. Legal AU Pty Ltd will assess your facts independently, with reasonable care, diligence, judgment and in the best interests of the client.
142. Legal AU Pty Ltd will advance and protect the client’s interest, and assist them to understand the issues in their matter, rights and obligations, alternative remedies, while exercising forensic judgement on the facts.
143. Legal AU Pty Ltd will act within authority extended and maintain your confidentiality.
144. Legal AU Pty Ltd will not act as a mere mouthpiece but independently to the facts of your matter.
145. Legal AU Pty Ltd will act with Honesty & Candour in your matter.
THE USER AGREES TO THESE CONDITIONS IN THIS LEGAL NOTICE, WHEN THE USER ACCEPTS THE SERVICE OFFERED BY LEGAL AU PTY LTD.
A preauthorisation code may consist of numerical numbers and letters.
Average response time is determined by the question or service type booked.
Three hour response time, is between 8.00am to 11.00pm Eastern Standard Time.