Confirm Email *
Confirm Password *
Security Question 1*
Security Answer 1*
Security Question 2*
Security Answer 2*
Security Question 3*
Security Answer 3*
Confirm Email Pin *
First Name *
Last Name *
Street Number *
Post Code *
Date of Birth
Australian Citizen *
Permit Resident *
Mobile Contact *
Driver Licence No.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Area of Legal Practise *
Jurisdiction of Practise *
State : Yes No
Federal : Yes No
Country of Practise *
Practise Certificate Licence No. *
Indemnity Insurance Policy
Bank Account Details
Setting Price Rate Per Hour
Setting Area of Advice
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSTRUCTION TO ACT IN YOUR MATTER.
THIS BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND LEGAL AU PTY LTD GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY LEGAL AU PTY LTD. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING TERMS. BY CLICKING "AGREE or SUBMIT," YOU ARE AGREEING THAT THESE TERMS WILL APPLY IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES OF LEGAL AU PTY LTD.
Legal AU Pty Ltd is an Incorporated Legal Practice and located at level 28, 303 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria Australia: A.C.N. 121 003 665
THE WORK WE WILL CARRY OUT IS DEFINED AS PER THE SERVICE SELECTION YOU HAVE CHOSEN.
THE FEE FOR THIS WORK IS PER THE SERVICE SELECTION YOU HAVE CHOSEN.
REQUIREMENTS FOR USE OF THE SERVICE
1. Legal AU Pty Ltd service is available to individuals aged 18 years or older. If you are under the age of 18, you must review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
2. To use the Service, you cannot be a person barred from receiving the Service under the laws of Australia, including the country you reside or from where you use the Service. By accepting this Agreement, you represent that you understand and agree to the foregoing.
3. Use of the Service requires compatible devices, internet access, and certain software (fees may apply); you may require periodic updates, and may be affected by the performance of these factors.
4. High-speed Internet access is strongly recommended for use. The latest version of a user’s operating software, is recommended for their computer, phone or tablet, to enable access to the services of Legal AU Pty Ltd, and may be required for certain transactions or features. You agree that meeting these requirements, which may change from time to time, is your responsibility.
5. Legal AU Pty Ltd is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox, but can be viewed in all web browsers.
6. In the course of Legal AU Pty Ltd carrying out your agreed service, it may be necessary to incur expense and charges which are called disbursements, such as filing fees, bank charges, courier fees, barrister fees, titling searching and property enquiries, agency fees and law stationers, and process serving fees; these disbursement fees are not limited to this list, as disbursement requirements will vary to your matter. These fees become payable as and when they fall due for payment.
7. Legal AU Pty Ltd will not incur any substantial expense without obtaining your permission.
8. Legal AU Pty Ltd defines a substantial expense which is more than $200.00 per any one item.
9. Users agree to pay disbursement fees of up to $200.00 per any one item.
10. Legal AU Pty Ltd defines an “ITEM” for disbursements, as a service that is required to complete the requested/ordered service by the user.
11. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $3.00 plus GST per page for scanning documents if required.
12. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $5.00 plus GST for sending a facsimile if required.
13. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $5.00 plus GST for receiving a facsimile if required.
14. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges $0.90 plus GST per page for printing if required.
15. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges courier fees and postage as per supplier fees.
16. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges all other disbursement fees of third parties at Cost plus GST to the client.
17. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges NO fee for emailing documents.
18. By clicking “AGREE or SUBMIT” you agree to these fees, and charges.
19. Legal AU Pty Ltd is authorised to hold and receive Trust Money.
LIMITATIONS OF USE
20. You agree to use the Service only for purposes as permitted by this Agreement and any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practice in the applicable jurisdiction of Australia.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE
21. The Service, or any feature or part thereof, may not be available in your language, or in all countries and Legal AU Pty Ltd makes no representation that the Service, or any feature or part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular location, other than the Australian jurisdiction. To the extent you choose to access and use the Service, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including, but not limited to, any applicable local laws.
22. You agree that the fee that you have chosen for the service to be provided by Legal AU Pty Ltd is the fee that has been agreed to be paid by you for that service.
23. The fee that you select for General Advice includes 15 minutes of telephone or Skype video conferencing communication with Legal AU Pty Ltd, if required by the Lawyer to discuss your matter. Telephone or Skype video conferencing communication above the 15 minutes inclusive time in the price you select is invoiced at 15 minute intervals of $20.00 plus GST.
24. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd charging you at 15 minutes intervals of $20.00 for telephone or Skype video conferencing communication on your matter for General Advice that is outside of your inclusive call time for General Advice.
25. The fee that you select for Detailed Advice includes 60 minutes of telephone or Skype video conferencing communication with Legal AU Pty Ltd, if required by the Lawyer to discuss your matter. Telephone or Skype video conferencing communication above the 60 minute inclusive time in the price you select is invoiced at 15 minute intervals of $20.00 plus GST.
26. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd charging you at 15 minute intervals of $20.00 plus GST for telephone or Skype video conferencing communication on your matter for Detailed Advice that is outside your inclusive call time for Detailed Advice.
27. Legal AU Pty Ltd accepts credit cards for payment, which include Visa, Bankcard, Debit card and Union Pay (Chinese credit card).
28. Legal AU Pty Ltd does not accept Diners or American Express credit cards.
29. Legal AU Pty Ltd charges a 1.5% transaction fee on all credit cards.
30. When you click “AGREE or SUBMIT” you agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd charging you the 1.5% transaction fee in addition to your fee booked for the payment made on your credit card.
31. The 1.5% transaction fee applied to the credit card processing is calculated on the total fee booked inclusive of GST.
32. When you book your service with Legal AU Pty Ltd, you are required to enter your credit card number, expiry date and CCV number.
33. Legal AU Pty Ltd uses National Australia Bank Ltd, TRANSACT, system to process all credit card authorizations and payments.
34. When you click “AGREE or SUBMIT” to process your service fee, your credit card will be preauthorised for the service charge amount chosen, or agreed by you.
35. Preauthorisation is a standard process of obtaining a guarantee that payment will be made after the service is completed.
36. When preauthorisation occurs, no funds are taken from your credit card, only a guarantee of an amount, for the service that you have booked. The preauthorisation will stay in force for 30 days or until your card is charged the full service fee, for the service that Legal AU Pty Ltd has provided to you.
37. By clicking “AGREE or SUBMIT” you agree for Legal AU Pty Ltd to obtain a preauthorisation on your credit card, and charge your credit card for the service fee plus the GST of which you have selected, and the additional 1.5% transaction fee on your credit card.
38. By clicking “AGREE or SUBMIT” you confirm that you have read the legal notices on the website of Legal AU Pty Ltd that explains the meaning of credit card preauthorisation.
39. Once Legal AU Pty Ltd completes your service, and uploads your file into your law inbox on your member Exchange Area page, your credit card is charged for the full service agreed upon by you, and funds will be debited against your credit card.
40. You agree that the credit card entered into Legal AU Pty Ltd website for booking the service and used as preauthorisation and for charging the full service fee, is a credit card in your name and is the same name in your membership profile, and is the agreed credit card by you, to be charged for the full service.
41. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd obtaining a preauthorisation code, against your nominated credit card, through the preauthorisation processing page on our website, for the fee you have agreed too.
42. You agree to Legal AU Pty Ltd, to use the preauthorisation guarantee code, to charge your credit card when your service is complete. Charging your credit card means debiting funds from your credit card.
43. If Legal AU Pty Ltd is liable to pay the Goods & Services Tax (“GST”) on services provided to you, at the rate set by the Australian Federal or State Governments, you agree to pay these taxes in addition to the service fee booked.
INTEREST ON UNPAID ACCOUNTS
44. If a bill remains unpaid 30 days after you receive it, we may charge you interest at a rate not exceeding the Cash Rate Target, as fixed by the Reserve Bank of Australia, plus 2% at the date the bill is issued.
YOUR RIGHT TO PROGRESS REPORTS
45. You have a right to request a written report of the progress of your matter or a written report of legal costs incurred to date if you request.
GUARANTEE AND LIMITED LIABILITY
46. Legal AU Pty Ltd guarantees the highest quality of its operations to ensure accessibility and continuity of offered services and products in accordance with their use and purpose. No long distance data transmission, however, guarantees 100% security, continuity and accessibility of the provided services.
47. Legal AU Pty Ltd does not guarantee compatibility of offered services and products with other producers’ software. The user shall bear responsibility for the choice and consequences following from the use of other software including its applicability to user’s objectives.
IF YOU DISPUTE OUR LEGAL COSTS
Legal Profession Uniform Law (Victoria)
Your rights in relation to legal costs:
48. The following avenues are available to you if you are not happy with this bill: